Doris Cooper Houghton Beach Park
5811 Lake Washington Boulevard
Open all year, dawn to dusk
Doris Cooper Houghton Beach Park lies between Carillon Point and downtown Kirkland along Lake Washington Boulevard. The park provides a perfect resting spot for joggers or a lovely walking destination from downtown Kirkland and boasts a swimming beach, kayak put-in and volleyball court, with stellar views of Seattle and Lake Washington.
Highlights of Doris Cooper Houghton Beach Park:
- Fishing dock
- Kayak, canoe and hobby cat (non-motorized vessel) launch area
- Guarded swimming beaches*
- Perfect for a romantic date or a family picnic
- Playground equipment
- Volleyball court
- Outdoor sculptures include: First Romance, Winter and Summer
- Parking lot on site and during posted hours across the street. On street parking available where posted
- Restrooms open April to October weather permitting
*Please call the City of Kirkland Parks Department at (425) 587-3360 for Lifeguard hours.