Just 20 minutes east of Seattle, the city of Kirkland is a welcoming lakefront destination featuring boutique shopping experiences, art galleries, family-friendly live performances, charming hotels, and an eclectic mix of restaurants serving food from all corners of the globe. Nature abounds there, including extensive trails for walking, running, and cycling with some of the best views of Lake Washington and the Seattle skyline. For all these reasons, be sure to put Kirkland on your "top places to visit" list this summer! Check out the exciting calendar of events below.
Hotel News and Summer Packages
Kirkland's own currency program offers a special for Father's Day: Simply book and complete a stay at a participating hotel via the booking links at KirklandCash.com now through June 20 and you will receive S50 per night booked, plus a S50 Father's Day bonus in Kirkland cash to spend at any of more than 100 participating shops, salons, restaurants, and businesses around town. Participating hotels: The Heathman Hotel, The Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, The Courtyard Marriott Kirkland, and Motel 6. Book here now.
- Beach Cafe will now be open for lunch on Tuesday-Saturday ll:30am-2:30pm, followed by happy hour from 2:30pm-4:00pm.
- Now through late September, Woodmark's activities partner Waterfront Adventures offers boat, kayak, SUPs, jet ski and other rentals, just steps from the hotel. Guests will enjoy a free one hour of kayak rental as part of their stay.
- The Woodmark's new fleet of beach cruiser-style bicycles, equipped with baskets and Woodmark branded helmets are available exclusively for hotel guests to use on a complimentary basis. There's an accompanying Kirkland bike map, directing people to local walking and biking trails, shopping, and restaurants that are easily accessible. Carillon Kitchen offers a "picnic to-go," which fits nicely into the front basket of said bikes.
- The Woodmark's waterfront lawn space will activate with outdoor pop-up events this summer, featuring partners like San Juan Seltzer, Patterson Cellars and other wineries, local breweries, and boutiques.
- The Still Spa is a participant in the Kirkland cash program and offers summer spa packages like Father's Day, weekday values, and Vitamin C Infusion treatments.
- Happy Hour, Dinner, Sunday Brunch, & Hearth To-Go - Hearth Restaurant offers the best of comfort food and contemporary cocktails, local brews, and wines that pair perfectly with our hearth-fired menu. Experience the vibrant downtown Kirkland on the spacious outdoor patio. Whether it's a family Sunday brunch or a group of friends looking for a new happy hour spot, Hearth will have it covered.
- Fourth Night Free - The longer you stay at The Heathman, the more you save. Stay for three nights and enjoy the fourth night complimentarily. Take advantage of the extra day and explore the nearby activities in the heart of downtown Kirkland.
Arts, Events, and Entertainment
Kirkland Uncorked I July 8-10
This summer wine festival offers a weekend-long celebration of world-class Washington wineries to benefit Homeward Pet Adoption Center, one of the state's leading no-kill animal shelters. The festival is split into family-friendly and adult-only sessions.
The 21+ Tasting Garden features wine tasting, live music and a Saturday Food Truck Feast while the street fair features the Uncorked artisan market and CityDog Dog Modeling Contest.
For hours and additional info, head to kirklanduncorked.com.
Summer Block Party Wine Walk I June 24 I 5:00-8:30 p.m. I Check-in at the Kirkland Urban lobby
Experience the taste of Washington wines at local shops, galleries and boutiques around Kirkland Urban. Bring your friends, sample delicious vino and meet winemakers from some of the region's finest producers and breweries. And book an overnight stay in Kirkland to earn some Kirkland CaSh! Tickets can be purchased here.
4th of July Celebration I July 41 Downtown Kirkland
This family-friendly parade in downtown Kirkland will feature local shops, dance groups and many others. Bring your friends, kids and furry ones to this highly anticipated community celebration. The motto for this year is "Celebrate Kirkland, Together Again!" The event schedule is as follows:
- 10:30 a.m. I Kids' decorating event at Marina Park Pavilion
- 11:30 a.m. I Kids' parade
- 12:00-1:00 p.m. I Main hometown parade
- l:00 p.m. I Parade ends, street opens to the public
Spring into Summer I June 21I 3:00-5:00 p.m. and 5:00-8:00 p.m. I Still Spa at the Woodmark Hotel
Bring a couple friends for a relaxing night featuring a spa treatment package, complimentary wine, expert skin care, beauty advice and other fun opportunities. The offerings are:
- Express Manicure & Pedicure I $89 ($115 value)
- Express Massage & Facial I $129 ($213 value)
Outdoor Summer Movie Series (free)
Bring blankets and lawn chairs for the whole family to enjoy a free double feature on new giant LED movie screens, brought to you by Kirkland Parks and Community Services. Check out the food and beverage options on ShopLocalKirkland.com to pack a picnic!
Saturdays I Juanita Beach Park, north side
- July 16 I 3:00 p.m. Moana 16:00 p.m. Captain America The First Avenger
- July 23 13:00 p.m. Trolls World Tour I 6:00 p.m. Cruel/a
- July 30 13:00 p.m. Paw Patrol: The Movie I 6:00 p.m. A Dog's Purpose
Fridays I Heritage Park
- August 5 I 4:00 p.m. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs I 7:00 p.m. Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
- August 12 I 4:00 p.m. Sherlock Holmes I 7:00 p.m. Bill & Ted Face the Music
Kirkland Summerfest I July 29-31
The 10th Annual Kirkland Summerfest invites you to celebrate art, music, wine, beer and more. Activities include:
- The Sip Kirkland Washington Wine Festival
- The Sails and Ales Beer Fest: A Tiki Adventure
- Concerts by Nite Wave, DJ Kourosh, and The Whirlies
- Street markets, arts and crafts
- Food trucks
- Games and competitions
45th Annual Summer Concerts in the Park I Thursdays 7:00-8:30 p.m. I Marina Park
2022 is the 45th year of summer concerts in the park! Soak up the sun with friends at an outdoor Thursday evening performance at this warm-weather favorite. Pickup food from a local business ShopLocalKirkland.com. The lineup is as follows:
- July 7 I Rear View Mirror
- July 14 I Redline
- July 21 I Band of Eden
- July 28 I The Jeweltones
- August 4 I Ian Dobson Steel Drum Party
- August 11 I Vertigo Zoo
- August 18 I Good Day Sunshine
Kids' Summer Concerts I Tuesdays 10:00-11:00 a.m. I Juanita Beach Park
Bring your out-of-school kids and sing or dance along with great music while enjoying some laughs in the summer sun. The lineup is as follows:
- July 12 I Cowboy Buck
- July 19 I Ian Dobson
- July 26 I The Brian Waite Band
- August 2 I Eric Herman
- August 9 I Captain Awesome Sauce
- August 16 I The Not It's
Kirkland Waterfront Car Show I August 14 I 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. I Downtown Kirkland
Head to one of the best car shows in the region this summer, with over 300 classics on display and over 30 vendors. Spend the afternoon browsing, eating and talking to owners and restorers. Get close to a full range of classic, antique, muscle and new high-performance vehicles.
The Blend by Ste. Michelle I June 1-September 28 I 5:00-7:00 p.m. I Downtown Kirkland
The Blend by Ste Michelle hosts live music every Wednesday in the summer months. Wine lovers can enjoy a rotating flight from some of the most renowned vintners in Washington and stock up on favorites from the shop, which is open Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday 12:00-7:00 p.m. and Friday and Saturday 12:00-8:00 p.m.
Kirkland Wednesday Markets I June 1-September 28 I 3:00-7:00 p.m. I Marina Park
Now open for summer! Sample local foods and check out artisanal and specialty goods, from fresh, crisp apples to sweet berries to delectable baked goods and more!
Juanita Friday Markets I June 1-September 28 I 3:00-7:00 p.m. I Juanita Beach Park
Visit the weekly farmers market on the shores of beautiful Lake Washington to kick off your weekend with fresh-cut flowers, farm-grown ingredients, and other local specialties and goods.
Mamma Mia! I July 30-31, August 6-712:30 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. I Kirkland Performance Center
ABBA's hit songs tell the heartwarming story of a young woman's search for her birth father, a sunny and funny tale set in a Greek island paradise.
The Sunny Life - A Summer Beach Party-Themed Camp I August 22-26 19:00 a.m.-1:00p.m. I Froglegs Cooking School
Let FrogLegs Cooking School take care of your kids this summer! Students will learn to bake yummy treats and get to enjoy the sunny weather with outside breaks, all while socializing with other kiddos.