Winetasting Walking Tour
Wine and Cheese, Pretty Please!
As big fans of midday charcuterie and an end-of-day “salute!” we’re proud to call Kirkland home to some of Washington’s best tasting rooms and wine bars. The walkable, central location of downtown Kirkland makes it the perfect destination for a weekend full of wining and dining. So what are you waiting for? Grab your friends and give one (or all) of these spots a try!
Maison DeLille Wine Lounge brings boutique artisan wines from DeLille Cellars in Woodinville to the heart of Kirkland. Sip a glass of 95+-point Grand Ciel Cabernet Sauvignon, or opt for the rotating flight of the month. Craving a pairing? You can’t go wrong with DeLille’s gourmet cheese plate with seasonal cheeses, fig jam and Marcona almonds.
- The full tasting menu can be viewed here.
Brix Wine Café offers fine wine, great food and a comfortable, never-pretentious atmosphere. The wine list spans the globe’s top wine regions while highlighting “adventurous” reds and whites for those seeking something outside their comfort zone. Equally as impressive, Brix Wine Café’s three cheese plate & croccantini Crackers lets guests choose from a unique list of cheeses, including chive- and thyme-dusted chevre, Rogue Creamery Oregonzola and others.
The Grape Choice is Kirkland’s finest wine merchant, having served locals for over 30 years. With its high standards for wine and for customer service, The Grape Choice is the perfect place to cozy up for a drink, by the glass or by the bottle. It offers light bites for purchase but encourages patrons to support neighboring restaurants such as Vovina, where you can pick up a charcuterie and cheese platter featuring four European cheeses, wine-infused salami, hot capicola and tomato pepper jam.
- The wine list can be viewed here.
The Melody Lynne Vineyard Wine Bar offers carefully selected wines from artisan winemakers and innovative growers. Sip wines from Melody Lynne Vineyard’s own Yakima Canyon winery, or choose from the extensive list of Washington-grown wines.
After a day spent satisfying your palate, stay off the roads and make the most of your weekend by staying at one of Kirkland’s boutique hotels.
Located in the heart of Kirkland, The Heathman Hotel is just steps away from Marina Park on the eastern shore of Lake Washington. The hotel features permanent and rotating fine art throughout its public spaces, as well as custom artwork in all guestrooms. The Heathman’s in-house restaurant, Hearth, offers guests a warm and inviting atmosphere to watch locally sourced ingredients brought to life through traditional hearth-oven cooking techniques.
Located on Lake Washington, The Woodmark offers unbeatable views and exceptional hospitality. With two signature restaurants, both with distinct atmospheres and flavors, a full-service spa and access to a top-of-the-line fitness studio, The Woodmark provides experiences that are perfect for work, play or both.
Whether you make it a date night, a girls’ weekend or a solo adventure, you can’t go wrong with a wine and cheese weekend in Kirkland.
Pro tip: Plan your weekend visit to Kirkland during one of the Kirkland Chamber’s quarterly wine walks. Grab some friends and embark on a wine adventure of Kirkland’s downtown galleries, boutiques and businesses. These wine walks are great for meeting some of Washington’s best winemakers, while taking in stunning views of Lake Washington.
Looking for more to explore during your visit to Kirkland?
- Canvas! Paint and Sip Studio: Whether you are an aspiring Van Gogh or just looking to explore your creative side, Canvas! Paint and Sip Studio is the perfect place to relax with friends while an artist guides you through replicating the sessions featured painting step by step. The best part: wine is 100% encouraged.
- Parklane Gallery: Parklane Gallery has been at the heart of the Kirkland-area fine-art community since 1991. Over 40 resident Northwest artists provide a rich diversity of media and styles, both contemporary and traditional, which include paintings, photography, digital art, sculpture, glass and artisan jewelry.
- Outdoor Recreation: Kirkland is a walkable destination, with scenery that is unrivaled. You can easily spend your day or weekend strolling along the lakefront, on the Cross Kirkland Corridor or throughout downtown Kirkland. Discover Kirkland’s many popular walking routes, or get out on the lake for water activities and fun.