Planning Tips & Ideas
Planning your wedding
A successful wedding is all about the details. Here are a few tips to help you plan one of the most important days of your life.
- Start with the basics. Think venue, menu and guests. Once you’ve made your decisions about those three items, everything else will be easier.
- Do your homework. Take advantage of websites, thumb through bridal magazines and attend one of the regional bridal shows. You’ll find inspiration and uncover lots of good ideas.
- Borrow something. Borrowing an item to wear from your mother, grandmother, favorite aunt or friend is a great tradition. It will provide you with wonderful memories long after your special day is over.
- Hire an expert. Kirkland has a great selection of bridal resources from florists to photographers. Take advantage of their expertise and services.
- Rank your priorities. Are you looking for a glamorous wedding spot that will wow your family and guests? Or are you more of a traditionalist who wants a quiet, more intimate affair? Whatever your style, Kirkland has a variety of venues that will make your wedding dreams come true.
- Embrace the off-season. If you’re trying to trim costs, consider selecting a wedding date outside the peak summer months. You might be able to net a discount on hotel rooms, flowers and other wedding expenses.
- Stay on schedule. Making last-minute changes can cost extra. Running late on the big day itself can mean additional fees for limousines, musicians and other services.
- Take advantage of seasonal sales. Shop post-holiday sales for gift items you can give to your bridal party. It’s a great way to save money without sacrificing quality.